The first pay-2-earn game by the Secret Island Club is to be released soon after the mint and it is inspired by the upcoming FIFA Worldcup 2022. By the end of the year, we will witness one of the greatest sport competitions in the world and the launch of one of the main utilities SIC holders can soon enjoy. The team behind the project has from the start laid the ground for an attractive and sustainable NFT story. With that in mind, they employed the best game developers they could find. Here is what to expect.
It has been a challenging couple of months. With every step forward, we made another two back. But rest assured it was because we wanted to. We made security our top priority and that was the cost of it – said Ivan, the lead game developer for the Secret Island Club.
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, numerous collaborations with big brands and their own ambitious projects, Ivan and his team admit this is a completely new type of gig. Security cannot just be a facade, it is the core of the game. If it works, great. If it fails, everything fails with it.
The Secret Island Club is developing an auto-battle play-2-earn soccer game. The game is constructed around the strategic choices of players before each match and holders can earn tokens by playing. They will be able to play against each other, a SIC holder against another SIC holder, yet matches themselves will be automated and the score will depend on the strengths and weaknesses of each team.
SIC holders will be able to use their own Flavios, SIC’s NFT art characters, as managers, scouts, or coaches of their teams. How they go about using them will directly affect whether their team wins. For example, if they send their scouts to look for talent during a longer period of time, the greater the chance for them to find top quality players. Depending on their gaming skills and success, holders will earn SIC tokens. This is where the entire project gets even more interesting to all of us and a more serious challenge for game developers.
- Besides those standard concerns of safety such as the encryption of data and server reliability, there is the question of a secure data transfer between our servers and holders’ wallets. Blockchain as a system makes it easier for us to set up some of these processes, but as a community of users, it is very critical of too many knots tied together – explains Ivan.
- The dev team wants each holder to be able to easily connect their wallet to the game. Firstly, so that the holders would be able to use their authentic Flavio as a character and at the same time verify that they indeed are holders of it. Secondly, to be able to offer multiplayer option in the game regardless of whether holders know each other or not.
- We have spent over half of our time on security. It is almost funny as there are many other things one has to figure out in game development much sooner in the process, and many do not even consider security until the very last step – shares another member of the team.
- This is just the start. FIFA 2022 served as an inspiration for one game, but this is just the first before many. We wanted to prepare the first game in such a way that it is easily scalable to other themes and challenges with the same auto-battle play-2-earn principles. We are welcoming our community to contribute with new ideas – added Marko, a successful entrepreneur and ever more excited to mint founder of the Secret Island Club.
- During their latest AMA on the game dev, Ivan got asked about the best channel for user experience in the game.
- It really depends on the user and their preferences how they’ll experience the game and if it will make more sense for them to play it via their smartphone or a VR set. Many in the industry first develop a web game to later upgrade it to either augmented or virtual reality. But that didn’t make much sense to us. About 60 percent of all games are played on phones and we wanted this utility to be truly accessible whenever and wherever – concludes Ivan.
Disclaimer: Any information written in this press release does not constitute investment advice. CoinQuora does not, and will not endorse any information on any company or individual on this page. Readers are encouraged to make their own research and make any actions based on their own findings and not from any content written in this press release. CoinQuora is and will not be responsible for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by the use of any content, product, or service mentioned in this press release.